Spaghetti Sauce

I have not found a spaghetti sauce recipe thus far that uses home canned tomatoes that I really like. When we were on a trip, I bought some Classico spaghetti sauce that I really liked. But I couldn't bring myself to keep buying it at home when I had so many home canned tomatoes that needed to be used. So I looked at their ingredient list and got some ideas to make up my own recipe. While I usually put onion in everything I make, I didn't have any when I made this, but I think it's actually better without!

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan:

One quart crushed tomatoes (or a 28-oz can)
One 6-oz can tomato paste 
1/2 can (10 oz) mushrooms, chopped (or 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms)
3 cloves minced garlic
1/3 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp brown sugar 
1 Tbsp parsley 
1/4 tsp oregano

Simmer together for 15 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts