• 1 medium eggplant
• 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely minced
• 3 Tbsp lemon juice
• 2 Tbsp tahini
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• Preheat oven to high broil and position a rack at the top of the oven.
• Peel eggplant and slice eggplant into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch rounds, sprinkle with salt, and place in a strainer in the sink. This will help remove any bitterness from the eggplant. After 10 minutes, rinse slightly and then pat dry between two towels.
• Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast the eggplant for 5-10 minutes on each side until it is golden brown.
• Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until creamy.
• Serve with crackers, pita bread, pita chips, or veggies. Will keep covered in the fridge for several days but is best served the day it is made.