Friday, November 6, 2015

The Best Tofu Egg Salad

Finally, the tofu egg salad recipe I've been looking for. My husband exclaims over how wonderful this recipe is every time I make it, and one person told me it's the best food they have ever eaten. This recipe uses Hampton Creek's Just Mayo, a product I am very excited about because it's vegan, just as good as Veganaise, way cheaper, and can be found in Walmart! I'm sure it would work fine with Veganaise, too if that's what you have.

Mix together:
2 (14-oz) packages medium firm tofu, mashed
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. turmeric, optional (if you want it yellow--and it adds good flavor)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
3/4 cup (or more to taste) Just Mayo vegan mayonnaise (or you could try it with Veganaise)
3-4 green onions (green and white parts), thinly sliced

Stir. Spread. Savor.

No comments:

Post a Comment