Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes

These mashed potatoes are something new I just tried. I love the idea of adding cauliflower!

 I am also really big into roasted garlic right now. There are several ways to roast garlic. I used to wrap a bulb of garlic in foil and bake it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or so. Then peel it after it cools. Alternatively, you could peel the garlic first and then roast in foil. Some people cut off the top of the bulb and drizzle some olive oil inside first, but I don't bother. It roasts very nicely without it.

But now I have a new way of roasting garlic. My sister gave me an awesome Christmas present of this Tagco GR301 Electric Roasted Garlic Express. All you do is set the garlic inside, plug it in, turn it on, and it roasts your garlic without even turning on your oven. It is really fast too. This is how I roast my garlic all the time now!

Roasted garlic has such a mild flavor compared to raw garlic--you can use a lot of it and it adds great flavor!

Now for the recipe!

Cover with water and cook until tender:
3 cups cauliflower
6 cups potatoes

Mash with:
1 bulb roasted garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 recipe Almond Cream Cheese
3 tablespoons coconut oil


Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts