Greek Lemon Potatoes

This is my new favorite way to eat potatoes. I always like something to put on my potatoes (usually vegan sour cream)--I don't like to eat a plain cooked potato. As a vegan this is can be inconvenient because I have to take time to make the sour cream (store-bought costs too much for me). These potatoes are one of my favorites now because they taste really good without anything else on them. 

Fill a 9x13 pan with 1-2 layers of:
Potatoes, cut into chunks (about 2-3x bite size)

Mix the following ingredients and pour over potatoes:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon salt

Bake at 450° until potatoes are tender, some are browned, and most of the liquid is absorbed, about an hour or more. Stir them every 15-20 minutes to promote even browning. 

Then add:
1 tablespoon dried oregano 
1-2 tablespoons minced garlic

Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.

Serve with Greek Salad.

Comments

Popular Posts