Monday, September 9, 2013

Greek Lemon Potatoes

This is my new favorite way to eat potatoes. I always like something to put on my potatoes (usually vegan sour cream)--I don't like to eat a plain cooked potato. As a vegan this is can be inconvenient because I have to take time to make the sour cream (store-bought costs too much for me). These potatoes are one of my favorites now because they taste really good without anything else on them. I was a little afraid to try the concept of lemon potatoes when I first saw it, but I like lemon on almost everything, so I gave it a try and I'm glad I did! Now I make them almost every week (and confess to attempting to devour the whole pan by myself if no one else is home, though I never have quite succeeded!).

4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1/4 cup olive oil
½ cup lemon juice
½ cup water
1 tablespoon dried oregano 
½ tablespoon salt


Preheat oven to 450°. Place potatoes in single layer in large roasting pan. Mix oil, lemon juice, water, oregano, and salt. Pour into pan. Stir. Bake until potatoes are tender, some are browned, and most of the liquid is absorbed, about an hour. You will need to stir them a couple times in the last half hour to promote even browning. Serve with Greek Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment