Stir-fry

I have often just made stir-fry by the dump chef method with varying results, often results I don't intend to repeat! My stir-fry always lacked a good sauce to tie it together and flavor it. So I found some recipes to try, adapted them, and came up with this. We love it! (Especially after my previous failed attempts!)


Marinate for 30 minutes or so: 
1 block extra-firm tofu, cubed
2 Tbsp. Braggs (approximate amount)

Fry the above with:
2 Tbsp. olive oil (or your preferred frying oil)
Splash of sesame oil

Set tofu aside. Place in frying pan over medium heat:
1 small onion, sliced thinly
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
1 Tbsp. olive oil (or your preferred frying oil)

When above vegetables are cooked, add:
4 cups mixed stir-fry vegetables (can use a frozen mix)

Stir-fry until vegetables are just cooked. Mix the following sauce and add to the cooked vegetables along with the fried tofu:
1/4 cup soy sauce (I used actual soy sauce but plan to try it with Braggs)
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch

Cook until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.

Comments

Popular Posts