Grilled Tomato Sandwich

MMMMM! We just had this for lunch the first time today. It was so good! We each ate 3! It's definitely going to be a new staple.

Spread cream cheese on two slices of bread. I used the Almond Cream Cheese recipe that I just posted. You could use Tofutti cream cheese or even real cream cheese, whatever you prefer.

Sprinkle oregano on one slice and basil on the other.

Then layer:
Thinly sliced tomato
Thinly sliced mild onion (cook the onion first if you want to make it milder)
Salt
Oregano
Basil

Repeat layers once more. (I tried 3 layers of each but it was too hard to flip; besides, it tasted better with only 2 layers of each.)

Put the other piece of bread on top. Spread margarine on the outside of the sandwich and sprinkle the outside with garlic/herb seasoning.

Fry on both sides in frying pan and enjoy!

This time I used a commercial garlic spread for the outside of the sandwich. It was basically margarine with garlic, onion, and parsley mixed in. Another time I would probably just put a spoonful of olive oil on the outside of the sandwich and sprinkle it with salt and seasoning since I don't usually have margarine on hand.

Comments

Popular Posts