Taco Seasoning

I have different recipes for "chicken" seasoning, "beef" seasoning, and "taco" seasoning. However, they are all so similar that I find it is a bother to have all of them made up all the time. This is the one I keep on hand all the time. It is the taco seasoning version. I use it in my taco salad. I tried taco salad once with store-bought taco seasoning and I didn't like it. It was nothing like what I was used to. So this may not be a replica of taco seasoning, but it is a very tasty all-purpose seasoning. I just use this seasoning wherever it calls for "chicken" or "beef" seasoning, since the ingredients are really very similar. If you find that you use this seasoning a lot, you may want to make a double recipe so you always have some on hand. Store in an airtight container with your seasonings. It will keep indefinitely.

Blend:
3-1/3 cups yeast flakes
1/4 cup onion powder
2 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. celery salt
2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 cup parsley
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cumin

Taco seasoning


Comments

  1. "OMG" I am a former meat eater this hit the spot. can I get the beef and chicken recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I didn't notice your comment until now. The chicken style seasoning is as follows:
    2 ⅔ cups yeast flakes
    3 Tbsp. onion powder
    2 Tbsp. salt
    1 tsp. celery seed
    2½ Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
    2 Tbsp. parsley
    Blend until it has an even texture.

    The beef style seasoning is:
    1 cup yeast flakes
    3 Tbsp. parsley
    1 Tbsp. thyme
    1 Tbsp. salt
    4¼ tsp. onion powder
    1 Tbsp. basil
    ⅛ tsp. rosemary

    I don't know how authentic they are, but they are what I use!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts