Strawberry Jam

It's strawberry season in California! A neighbor of mine has a strawberry farm, so I am enjoying farm fresh berries. I've just dusted off my jam recipe, and I'm getting ready to make some next week.

This is the greatest stuff to have around in the winter. I have successfully increased the recipe up to 14 cups of strawberries, and it still works great.

Bring to a boil:

2 cups crushed strawberries (you can also use raspberries or apricots)
2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
2 Tbsp. "No Sugar Needed" fruit pectin (I got it at Walmart)

Then stir in:
2/3 cup sugar

Cook until it thickens. Pour into sterilized jars. Top with sterilized lids. Place in canner and cover with water. Bring canner to a boil and boil for 15 minutes. Remove jars and allow to cool and seal.

Comments

Popular Posts